1. Become aware that something is not working for us or that we want something to be different.
2. Assessing if we know how to change it alone or if we need help. This can be a stopping point for folks if they don’t know how to make changes, what info they need, or if they have tried before without success.
3. Assess and investigate outside resources. We do this in different ways. We might read a book, talk to friends, research online. We basically are looking for the resources to make the change.
4. And then there is ongoing mysterious inner process of deciding to take a next step. This decision is impacted by:
- If we think we can succeed.
- Not knowing what to do.
- Seeing others make similar changes.
- Feeling like we have the resources, time, money, and energy to do this now.
If you look at a successful change in your life, can you relate to these steps? If you look at unsuccessful change in your life, can you see where you got stuck? Please do share your insights ….