This is a good one! I talk about why you might be feeling more triggered than ever by Trump, grieving the 2016 election, and getting through this next month.
- Anniversaries of past events can trigged us now.
- When we are close to something ending, we can finally feel how bad it has been.
The four elements of a traumatic event.
- Unexpected, sudden, or dramatic
- Feel isolated or isolating
- Has value to you
- Feel powerless or under-resourced
How saving things to process later reduces our ability to be resilient in the moment.
Walking around angry, disconnected, opinionated, can be a sign of unprocessed past events. Tapping helps you find your center again.
Notice whether this past week, have you felt triggered, sad, alone, disconnected?
I tap for the disgust and despair at all the discord created by the Trump presidency. I tap for grieving that we don’t have a female president yet and that I see Trump as a sexual predator.
When we get closer to the end of something, we can process how painful it’s been.
Hope for the next election and the pain of these past 4 years