The final piece that launched this juice fast was my experience in an eight week course called Awakenings. Taught by Jessica Dibb of Inspiration Community, it was an experiential exploration of our innate spiritual oneness. We had a week dedicated to food and nourishment and the insights that week opened the door for me and this fast. I learned:
- How to use all the senses in determining whether to eat something or not. Turns out for me that smell is key.
- That food is just one form of energy and we can get energy from a wide variety of sources: light, smell, sight, sun, air, water, plants, and so on.
- That the nourishment we crave from food is often a place holder for spiritual nourishment we crave.
- That the qualities we’ve entrusted to food are actually qualities we own, crave, desire, and exemplify.
- That in every moment, we have the ability to be aware and make a choice – a choice about what to eat, what not to eat, whether to be awake or asleep, relaxed or rigid …. you get the idea.
- That having an enthusiastic guide feels really good for something like this (Hi Ian!).
This fast started during that course and was a choice on a day by day basis. I didn’t do this fast, this fast was done through me. When I started to feel deprived, I checked in with these teachings and re-found my grounding. This fast was about nourishment and choice. My motivation was to keep in a lighter energetic state for the completion of this course and for a retreat I had last weekend. So I was dedicated to something more important to me than my immediate satisfaction – I was dedicated to my spiritual growth and freedom.